Sunday, November 23, 2008

Training week 2. T-22 weeks till London Marathon

Second week completed! Yay - the smaller runs are getting a lot easier, although today did push me quite a bit. However, assuming I haven't picked up any injuries from it, I think it went quite well.

Here are the details of my long run I did today, from a great site called EveryTrail

Trip Story
Schedule is a 90 min jog/walk

I tried to average a slowish jog of about 10 mins per mile so that I could last the time. I started a bit quicker and later decided to run 2 sets of 4 miles, with a 1 mile walk in the middle. You can see this from the speed stats quite clearly :o) Here are my detailed stats...

Mile1: 9:13 mins
Mile2: 10:13 mins
Mile3: 10:03 mins
Mile4: 9:15 mins
Mile5: 14:57 mins (walk)
Mile6: 9:23 mins
Mile7: 9:10 mins
Mile8: 9:46 mins
Mile9: 9:33 mins

9 mile jog 23/11

Widget powered by EveryTrail: GPS Geotagging

Here is the up-to-date schedule.

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored me so far... it really is making it easier to train knowing I have so much support! If you want to support me, either check out the just giving widget on this page or go here. £850 so far, at the time of writing! Wooooo :o)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Brilliant work Simon. Keep it up we are very pleased for you. Encourage the sponsorship you deserve it!!!

Joe said...

skills
does toby go any more?

Simon Maple said...

Yeh, on the smaller jogs.

Linda said...

How about a report on the next lot of training???