Tuesday, November 04, 2008

London Marathon training schedule.

So, my first marathon run is next year. I'm aiming to get under 4 hours, but for that I will need a good training scheme. I've knocked one up from a runners world website. They typically do 14 week schedules, so I've combined the first 8 weeks of the "First marathon" schedule, and tagged the full 4hr->3.5hr marathon schedule on the end with a couple of weeks duplicated in case of injury etc.

Here is the schedule.

I'll keep it updated with my actual distances ran and injuries picked up on the way... I'm currently nursing a groin injury which should hopefully be gone by next week when I start. I also like the fact that my first day is rest :D

I still want to buy some running trainers (will go shopping this weekend) and maybe a pair of undershorts. There are some around that support all the muscles including the groin, or adductor (no smut please) and also there humerously names groin straps I could get... suggestions welcome. Quite expensive... maybe Santa will treat me :)

And for anyone who wants to sponsor me :) click here!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well done on the schedule, I will get Liz to check you on it. Cos if you are naughty Santa wont visit